In November 2009, and after a period of more than 50 years of managing the JPO programme itself, the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs has outsourced the majority of the tasks and responsibilities concerning the JPO programme to the Nedworc Foundation. The Nedworc Foundation is ultimately accountable towards the Ministry of Foreign Affairs through regular reporting on the JPO programme progress, and administrative and financial issues.
The delegated tasks concern the management of the programme and comprise planning, execution and monitoring of the yearly operational activities of the programme, including the financial management and administrative tasks. Nedworc Foundation acts as focal point for the receiving organisations and is responsible for the correspondence related to the delegated tasks.
In the present set-up of the programme, are the receiving organisations responsible for the selection and recruitment, guidance, briefing and debriefing of the JPOs
The following operational tasks related to the programme are the responsibility of the Nedworc Foundation:
- answering queries from organisations/others;
- advertising positions;
- approval of shortlisted candidates;
- approval of cost estimates;
- approval of replacements and reassignments;
- administration of funds and payments;
- monitoring of the programme, with special emphasis on the learning components.
The Nedworc staff directly involved in the programme:
|Mr. Rolf H.M. Posthouwer||Overall Coordinator|
|Ms. Marjo Vervoorn||Senior Programme Officer|
|Ms. Angelique Boer-van den Broek||Secretariat|
can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: + 31 30 6932912
The contact person at the Ministry will primarily be responsible for policy related aspects of the programme:
- selection of receiving organisations and contacts at management level;
- allocation of positions and selection of positions;
- participation in the bi-annual meetings of the National Recruitment Services and UN Organisations and;
- monitoring the programme as a whole in close contact with the Nedworc Foundation.
The focal point at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is Ms. Joan van Rijswijk, Senior Policy Officer, Multilateral Organisations and Human Rights Department, Social and Economic Affairs Division email@example.com